Wednesday 1st July Home Learning Activities
Good Morning Year 2 – Here is today’s Learning at Home. Remember, to try your best! We believe in you! #BoundaryBelieves
Please read the attached PDF carefully which provides full details on all of today’s activities. A brief description has been provided below. Remember you all have the necessary log in details required. They are inside the front cover of your home learning books.
Morning Home Learning Activities
- Morning Maths – For today’s learning please login to My Maths https://www.mymaths.co.uk/. You will find activities to complete in the homework area when you login. We will be able to see your answers and marks, please make sure you reply to every question and click submit at the end so it saves all your answers. You can attempt these tasks more than once, so if you want to try and improve your score you can.
- English Writing – Log into Seesaw click on the task ‘Wednesday 1st July Reading into Writing’. Today you’re going to describe your ‘Hero’. A hero is someone who means a lot to you and who you look up to as someone you aspire to be. Think of someone you consider a ‘Hero’. It could be someone who helps you a lot, a friend, someone famous, a person from history or someone who cares for you. Draw a picture and describe them. Think about;
- What do they look like?
- What facts can you tell me about them?
- Why are they a superstar to you?
- What amazing things have they done in the world or for you?
- What adjectives could you use to describe them?
Challenge can you use a simile (compare someone using like or as) Write a minimum of 3 sentences for each of the bullet points. Make sure you present your work neatly.
- Guided Reading – Please login into Seesaw and click the activity called ‘Wednesday 1st July – Guided Reading’ then record your written task in your English Home Learning Book.
Afternoon Weekly Project – To keep your busy in the afternoon this week we want you to do some research about important people within our history, as this would have been one of our topics in school. Log into Seesaw and click the activity ‘Significant People of our past’. Here you will find pictures of famous people over time, they’re all famous and well known for various reasons. These people are an important part of our history and some made many scarifies. Your task is to match the faces to the names. You might have to ask friends or family to help you or research the names. Once you have matched the names, can you find out 1 FACT about who each person is? You can record this information in your home learning book.
Don’t forget to take a picture and send it to us to have a look at. Miss Ward and Miss fielding are excited to see all the different designs you can come up with.
Don’t forget to take pictures of your work when asked to and upload them to seesaw so Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding can see the fantastic work you’ve been up to. If you have any questions or queries, please email Miss Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mrs Fielding (email@example.com) who will be more than happy to help.