Tuesday 21st April – Home Learning Activities
Good Morning Year 2 – Here is today’s Learning at Home. Remember, to try your best! We believe in you! #BoundaryBelieves
Please read the attached PDF carefully which provides full details on all of today’s activities. A brief description has been provided below. Remember you all have the necessary log in details required. They are inside the front cover of your home learning books.
Morning Home Learning Activities
- Morning Maths – Today we are going to focus and recap our learning about addition and subtraction. Watch this video (Click Here) to help you recap your knowledge. Then complete the directed task called ‘Tuesday 21st April Addition and Subtraction Reasoning Task’ on seesaw. Complete the first 15 questions. Please follow the instructions provided of how to complete the task.
- English Writing – Following on from yesterday’s lesson identifying features of non-chronological reports. Today’s lesson will focus on sub headings. This will involve sorting information into relevant sub headings.
You will be given 4 subheadings and information about elephants. In your home learning books, write each subheading and sort the information into the correct subheading. Log into Seesaw and click the assigned activity ‘Reading into Writing 21st April’. Use the WAGOLL and supportive questions to help you complete the activity.
- Guided Reading – Please login into Seesaw and click the activity called ‘Tuesday 21st April – Guided Reading’ then record your written task in your home learning book.
- Handwriting – Watch a video (Click Here) explaining how to write using a cursive handwriting style. In your English Home Learning book, write today’s date Tuesday 21st April 2020. LO: Handwriting and GPS practise. Login into seesaw and complete the task ‘Tuesday 21st April – Handwriting and GPS practise. Don’t forget to join all your letters.
- Chosen 1 afternoon activity – Choose your own activity from the list provided in your Home Learning pack. Don’t forget to take a picture of what you did and upload it on Seesaw for us to see.
Don’t forget to take pictures of your work when asked to and upload them to seesaw so Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding can see the fantastic work you’ve been up to. If you have any questions or queries, please email Miss Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mrs Fielding (email@example.com) who will be more than happy to help.