This week our focus characteristic is respect! We will be looking at different ways we can respect ourselves, each other and belongings. Receiving respect from others is important because it helps us to feel safe and to express ourselves. Being respected by people in our lives growing up teaches us how to be respectful toward others.
Here are a few examples of how you can show respect:
- Show gratitude – thank people for their assistance and their support on a regular basis
- Compliment the achievements of others
- Be sincere
- Do what you say you’ll do
- Offer help if your friends need it
- Respect the abilities of others