Monday 30th March – Home Learning Activities
Good Morning Year 2 – Here is today’s Learning at Home. Remember, to try your best! We believe in you! #BoundaryBelieves
Please read the attached PDF carefully which provides full details on all of today’s activities. A brief description has been provided below. Remember you all have the necessary log in details required. They are inside the front cover of your home learning books.
Morning Home Learning Activities
- Morning Maths – It’s ‘Arithmetic Monday’ Today we are going to focus on the inverse relationship. Watch this video (Click Here) and follow the explanations to help you understand the 3 golden rules.
Then complete the directed task called ‘Monday 30th March – Arithmetic Monday’ on Seesaw in your Maths Home Learning Book. Additionally, log into ‘Maths Shed’ (Click Here) these tasks will focus upon multiplication and division skills. If you’re struggling with your strategies watch this video (Click Here).
- English Writing – Watch this video (Click Here) which argues about school uniforms. Think carefully about the positive and negative reasons they come up with. Then complete the directed task called ‘Monday 30th March WAGOLL (What a good one looks like) – identifying positive and negative arguments’ on Seesaw in your English Home Learning Book.
Read the scenario ‘Should children choose their own bedtime’. Write a list of the positive and negative reasons which they have identified, remember to use the WAGOLL if you become stuck.
- Guided Reading – Please login into Seesaw and click the activity called ‘Monday 30th March- Guided Reading’ then record your written task in your English Home Learning Book.
- Spelling Shed – Watch a video (Click Here) Then test your knowledge and log into spelling shed (Click Here) and complete the ‘s sound’ spelling assignment which has been set for you. Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding are looking forward to see who will be at the top of the Year 2 leader board.
- Chosen 1 afternoon activity – Choose your own activity from the list provided in your Home Learning pack. Don’t forget to take a picture of what you did and upload it on Seesaw for us to see.
Don’t forget to take pictures of your work when asked to and upload them to seesaw so Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding can see the fantastic work you’ve been up to. If you have any questions or queries, please email Miss Ward (email@example.com) and Mrs Fielding (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be more than happy to help.