Monday 27th April Home Learning Activities
Good Morning Year 2 – Here is today’s Learning at Home. Remember, to try your best! We believe in you! #BoundaryBelieves
Please read the attached PDF carefully which provides full details on all of today’s activities. A brief description has been provided below. Remember you all have the necessary log in details required. They are inside the front cover of your home learning books.
Morning Home Learning Activities
- Morning Maths – I Today we will be starting a new topic about ‘Statistics’. For today’s learning please login to My Maths https://www.mymaths.co.uk/. You will find 3 activities to complete in the homework area when you login called, ‘Introduction to Statistics and Statistics OW’. We will be able to see your answers and marks, please make sure you reply to every question and click submit at the end so it saves all your answers. You can attempt these tasks more than once, so if you want to try and improve your score you can.
- English Writing – Today you are going to create your plan for your non-chronological report. Everything you have done over the last week should make this easy for you. We are going to do this plan in the format of a mind map.
In the centre you will put the title of your report. In the circles coming from there you will put your subheadings. Then coming from each subheading you will put your information.
Log into Seesaw click on the task ‘Monday 27th April Reading into Writing’. I have attached an example for you. I have also attached a variety of mind map layout examples for you to use. You do not need to write in full sentences. You can use bullet points.
- Guided Reading – Please login into Seesaw and click the activity called ‘Monday 27th April- Guided Reading’ then record your written task in your English Home Learning Book.
- Spelling Shed – Log into Spelling Shed (Click Here) and complete the spelling assignments which has been set for you. Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding are looking forward to see who will be at the top of the Year 2 leader board.
- Afternoon Weekly project – We are going to be providing you with a weekly project for you to complete by the end of the week. During this term in DT we were going to be looking at moving vehicles. Log into Seesaw and click on the activity called ‘Moving Vehicles’. Here you will find WAGOLLS and photos to help you complete your project.
Don’t forget to take pictures of your work when asked to and upload them to seesaw so Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding can see the fantastic work you’ve been up to. If you have any questions or queries, please email Miss Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mrs Fielding (email@example.com) who will be more than happy to help.