Home Learning Monday 11th May
Good morning Year 6. Here is today’s home learning. Remember, to try your best! We believe in you!
All home learning is on Google Classroom. You all have log in details that are inside the front cover of your home learning book. Remember, answers to all the work posted in the classroom will be made available to you by 13:00 (1:00pm) every day.
- If you can, start your day with the Joe Wicks workout on his youtube channel. Monday – Friday @ 9am.
- Morning Maths – Please complete all questions in your home learning maths book.
- GPS – Please complete the morning mat and answer questions in your home learning book.
- Maths – Log on to Maths Shed, Prodigy or TTRS and spend at least 20 minutes completing tasks/questions. We have also added a problem of the day, an arithmetic task and a lesson on multiplying fractions by integers.
- Mymaths – This is now up and running. You were all sent an email with your username and password. Please make sure you log in and complete the tasks we have set.
- Spelling – Log on to Spelling Shed and spend 20 minutes on the tasks that have been set. We will be checking to see who has been on and if you haven’t, we will be asking why!!
- Reading – There is a comprehension for you to complete in your work books.
- English task – Each day there will be an extra English task to complete. Today your task is to describe the house in the picture. Think about using your senses to describe what you can hear, see, touch and smell.
- Elevenses with David Walliams – Sit back and enjoy a 20 minute reading from the author himself! A new story every day can be found here.
- You have the afternoon activity ideas on the sheet that we sent home too. Try and pick 1 or 2 activities from that. We’ve added a PDF of them at the bottom of this post.
- Remember to log in to language angels. Click on the pupil games button. Username: FrenchBoundary Password: Homelearning1
- You should have all received an email for the following website: please use your log in details to get yourself set up. We’d like everyone to have gone on at some point over the week. Well done to those who already have.
- We’re now adding Kahoot quizzes for you to take part in. These are a good way to see who is joining in with the tasks we set.
- We are adding Bitesize lessons to the classroom every day. Today’s lessons include an English and Maths task and a History lesson. Enjoy!
- You Science project this week is all about the heart. There are videos to watch and research to carry out. We’d like to to present your work in any way you want.
- We have also added the next Art lesson for you to do. This unit focuses on sketching birds. This lesson requires you to try and draw a detailed bird in pencil. We’d love to see some of your pieces of art.
And remember if you still have time, find somewhere quiet and curl up with your book.