Friday 24th April – Home Learning Activities
Good Morning Year 2 – Here is today’s Learning at Home. Remember, to try your best! We believe in you! #BoundaryBelieves
Please read the attached PDF carefully which provides full details on all of today’s activities. A brief description has been provided below. Remember you all have the necessary log in details required. They are inside the front cover of your home learning books.
Morning Home Learning Activities
- Morning Maths – Today we are going to focus and recap our learning about addition and subtraction. Watch this video (Click Here) to help you recap your knowledge. Then complete the directed task called ‘Friday 24th April Multiplication and Division Reasoning Task’ on Seesaw. Complete the last 15 questions. Please follow the instructions provided of how to complete the task.
- English Writing – Today you will be researching your animal that you picked yesterday to gain information for your report. You need to get information about your animal and write it in your books. This will be very helpful when you write your final piece. Remember when you are researching do not just copy what you have read, take the important information and write it in your own words. You can also use bullet points when getting your information together. You don’t need to write full sentences.
Log into Seesaw and click the assigned activity ‘Reading into Writing 24th April’. Use the WAGOLL and supportive questions to help you complete the activity. I have uploaded some information for you but remember you can also use the internet or any books that you might have at home.
- Guided Reading – Please login into Seesaw and click the activity called ‘Friday 24th April – Guided Reading’ then record your written task in your home learning book.
- Handwriting – Watch a video (Click Here) explaining how to write using a cursive handwriting style. In your English Home Learning book, write today’s date Tuesday 24th April 2020. LO: Handwriting and GPS practise. Login into seesaw and complete the task ‘Tuesday 24th April – Handwriting and GPS practise. Don’t forget to join all your letters.
- Chosen 1 afternoon activity – Choose your own activity from the list provided in your Home Learning pack. Don’t forget to take a picture of what you did and upload it on Seesaw for us to see.
Don’t forget to take pictures of your work when asked to and upload them to seesaw so Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding can see the fantastic work you’ve been up to. If you have any questions or queries, please email Miss Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mrs Fielding (email@example.com) who will be more than happy to help.