Home Learning Wednesday 8th April
Good morning Year 6. Here is today’s home learning. Remember, to try your best! We believe in you! #BoundaryBelieves
All home learning is on Google Classroom. You all have log in details that are inside the front cover of your home learning book. Remember, answers to all the work posted in the classroom will be made available to you by 13:00 (1:00pm) every day.
- If you can, start your day with the Joe Wicks workout on his youtube channel. Monday – Friday @ 9am.
- Morning Maths – Please complete all questions in your home learning maths book.
- GPS – Please complete the morning mat and answer questions in your home learning book.
- Maths – Log on to Maths Shed, Prodigy or TTRS and spend at least 20 minutes completing tasks/questions. We have also added a problem of the day, an arithmetic task and some angles work.
- Spelling – Log on to Spelling Shed and spend 20 minutes on the tasks that have been set. We will be checking to see who has been on and if you haven’t, we will be asking why!!
- Reading – There are 2 comprehensions for you to complete in your work books.
- English task – Each day there will be an extra English task to complete. Today is a fun one – you are required to write a letter to the current Year 5 children to prepare them for their time in Year 6. I know your time has been cut short but don’t let that stop you. You will need to tell them about behaviour, standards of work, expectations, how hard the work is etc. You may also want to warn them about staff!!
- Elevenses with David Walliams – Sit back and enjoy a 20 minute reading from the author himself! A new story every day can be found here: https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
- We’re going to leave the Science work on for you to be looking through. We’ve also added some videos for you to watch and some experiments to try!! We’d love to see some videos of you all completing these experiments. We have added an extra lesson – ‘Shadow Theatre’. Can you complete the task of creating a set of shadow puppets? You don’t need much, just some card, tape and something to stick the puppet on. Then one dark night you can use a torch to create shadows on your walls. What characters will you create?
- We have added an extra online safety lesson that focuses on secure websites.
- You have the afternoon activity ideas on the sheet that we sent home too. Try and pick 1 or 2 activities from that. We’ve added a PDF of them at the bottom of this post.
- Remember to log in to language angels. Click on the pupil games button. Username: FrenchBoundary Password: Homelearning1
- You should have all received an email for the following website: https://student.readingplus.com/seereader/api/sec/login – please use your log in details to get yourself set up. We’d like everyone to have gone on at some point over the week. Well done to those who already have.
- We’re now adding Kahoot quizzes for you to take part in. These are a good way to see who is joining in with the tasks we set.
And remember if you still have time, find somewhere quiet and curl up with your book.