Wednesday 29th April Home Learning Activities
Good Morning Year 2 – Here is today’s Learning at Home. Remember, to try your best! We believe in you! #BoundaryBelieves
Please read the attached PDF carefully which provides full details on all of today’s activities. A brief description has been provided below. Remember you all have the necessary log in details required. They are inside the front cover of your home learning books.
Morning Home Learning Activities
- Morning Maths – For today’s learning please login to My Maths https://www.mymaths.co.uk/. You will find 1 activity to complete in the homework area when you login called, ‘Pictograms’. We will be able to see your answers and marks, please make sure you reply to every question and click submit at the end so it saves all your answers. You can attempt these tasks more than once, so if you want to try and improve your score you can.
- English Writing – Log into Seesaw click on the task ‘Wednesday 29th April Reading into Writing’. Here is your chance to be the teacher. I have done a non-chronological report but it isn’t very good! I would like you to mark and fix my report. Some of the examples you will find are:
- spelling mistakes
- missing punctuation (full stops, capital letters, commas)
- the wrong subheading
- missing words
- missing captions
You can either make the corrections using the tools on Seesaw or you can re write the report in your book which ever you prefer. If you write in your book remember to write today’s date Wednesday 29th April and the LO: To evaluate a non-chronological report.
- Guided Reading – Please login into Seesaw and click the activity called ‘Wednesday 29th April- Guided Reading’ then record your written task in your home learning book.
- Mental Maths – Go on hit the button and practise ‘Number bonds’. If you want to really challenge yourself try up to 50. This task has been set up on Seesaw called ‘Mental Maths (Hit the Button) this will help log your scores.
- Afternoon Weekly project – We are going to be providing you with a weekly project for you to complete by the end of the week. During this term in DT we were going to be looking at moving vehicles. Log into Seesaw and click on the activity called ‘Moving Vehicles’. Here you will find WAGOLLS and photos to help you complete your project.
Don’t forget to take pictures of your work when asked to and upload them to seesaw so Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding can see the fantastic work you’ve been up to. If you have any questions or queries, please email Miss Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mrs Fielding (email@example.com) who will be more than happy to help.