Values & Ethos
At Boundary School, our mission is to ensure all children are provided with the opportunities to succeed to the best of their ability – to become happy, confident, caring, trustworthy and community-minded people with their own positive vision for the future.
We care about your child/children beyond their academic abilities within the classroom and value each child as an individual whilst appreciating the ups and downs of life they each face. The emotional health and well-being of your child is of utmost importance to us, as we want all children that come to our school to be happy and content and to
achieve their full potential in life.
We believe in the importance of lifelong learning and the contribution made by each individual to our community of learners. This includes all children, parents, staff, Governors and the wider community.
We have a highly experienced and trained pastoral team who are able to offer a variety of
different interventions and support for both you and your children.
“We work as one to be the best we can be”
- To provide a happy, safe, stimulating and secure environment for all
- To ensure the school community cares for the environment and is concerned about the wider world
- To encourage children to be aware of their own health and safety and the wellbeing of others
- To ensure children become increasingly able to assess and reduce the likelihood and severity of risks in their school life and life beyond school
- To foster an understanding and tolerance of differences including those of race, culture and religion
- To work in partnership with parents in all aspects of their child’s learning
- To develop a curiosity for learning
- To encourage independent learners who are able to seek solutions creatively and cooperatively
- To inspire children so that they are encouraged to have creative, enquiring minds
- To encourage children to try increasingly challenging and tricky learning where making mistakes and learning from them is part of the process
- To promote an enjoyable, exciting, challenging and evolving curriculum that stimulates children and that promotes genuine questioning and enquiry
- To optimise effective learning and teaching at every age and every level to meet the needs of pupils with differing abilities
- To motivate and enthuse each child to become good citizen’s within the school and wider community
- To celebrate as a whole school the social, moral and academic achievements of pupils ensuring the promotion of kindness, generosity and a sense of service to the wider community
- To enable each child to recognise their own achievements and to build upon their self-esteem
- To inspire children to ‘have a dream’ and work hard to achieve their goals
- To promote and celebrate a sense of awe, wonder and self-awareness
- To ensure children enjoy school and have lots of happy memories