Thursday 2nd April – Home Learning Activities
Good Morning Year 2 – Here is today’s Learning at Home. Remember, to try your best! We believe in you! #BoundaryBelieves
Please read the attached PDF carefully which provides full details on all of today’s activities. A brief description has been provided below. Remember you all have the necessary log in details required. They are inside the front cover of your home learning books.
Morning Home Learning Activities
- Morning Maths – Watch Step 7 ‘Find a Third’ video on the White Rose website (Click Here). Then complete the directed task called ‘Thursday 2nd April Fractions Lesson 7- Find a Third’ on Seesaw in your Maths Home Learning Book.
- English Writing – Pick an item from your home. It could be one of your favourite toys and convince me to buy one. You will need to think about everything that is good about the item. Remember if you want me to buy it, you won’t say any negatives points. Click on the assigned task ‘Thursday 2nd April Reading into Writing’ on Seesaw. Here you will find a WAGOLL and supportive questions to help you.
- Guided Reading – Please login into Seesaw and click the activity called ‘Thursday 2nd April- Guided Reading’ then record your written task in your home learning book.
- Spelling Shed – Today’s spellings will focus on the ‘KS1 Common Exception Words’. Remember by the end of year two you should be able to read and spell these word. Watch this video (Click Here) to help refresh your memory. Then test your knowledge and log into spelling shed (Click Here) and complete the ‘KS1 Common Exception Words’ spelling assignment which has been set for you. Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding are looking forward to see who will be at the top of the Year 2 leader board.
- Chosen 1 afternoon activity – Choose your own activity from the list provided in your Home Learning pack. Don’t forget to take a picture of what you did and upload it on Seesaw for us to see and shade in one of your squares in your Home Learning book.