Thursday 25th June Home Learning Activities
Good Morning Year 2 – Here is today’s Learning at Home. Remember, to try your best! We believe in you! #BoundaryBelieves
Please read the attached PDF carefully which provides full details on all of today’s activities. A brief description has been provided below. Remember you all have the necessary log in details required. They are inside the front cover of your home learning books.
Morning Home Learning Activities
- Morning Maths – For today’s learning please login to My Maths https://www.mymaths.co.uk/. You will find activities to complete in the homework area when you login. We will be able to see your answers and marks, please make sure you reply to every question and click submit at the end so it saves all your answers. You can attempt these tasks more than once, so if you want to try and improve your score you can.
- English Writing – Log into Seesaw click on the task ‘Thursday 25th June Reading into Writing’. Today you are going to take part in some online quizzes. Click on this link https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks1/english/ it will take you to a page full of quizzes. You may have to scroll down to find the quiz names below. Complete the following quizzes below
- Adjectives adding ‘er’ and ‘est’
- Apostrophes Contractions (Adding Have and Had)
- Adverbs (2)
Once you have completed the quiz, send me you score. You can type these in notes or send me a photo of each quiz score.
- Guided Reading – Please login into Seesaw and click the activity called ‘Thursday 25th June’– Guided Reading’ then record your written task in your English Home Learning Book.
Afternoon Weekly Project – To keep your busy in the afternoon this week we want you to get creative again. This week you are going to make your very own boat. You can use any materials you wish to. Log into Seesaw and click the activity ‘Design a Boat to Float’. Your task is to design, create and evaluate a boat that floats. On Seesaw you will find templates and questions to help you at each stage of the design and build process. These tasks can be completed in your home learning books. Just remember to write the LO for each part. Make sure you test your boat in water and to test its strength you can add weight to it. You can create videos of this on Seesaw if you wish. You can create videos of this on Seesaw if you wish.
Don’t forget to take a picture and send it to us to have a look at. Miss Ward and Miss fielding are excited to see all the different designs you can come up with.
Don’t forget to take pictures of your work when asked to and upload them to seesaw so Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding can see the fantastic work you’ve been up to. If you have any questions or queries, please email Miss Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mrs Fielding (email@example.com) who will be more than happy to help.