Monday 20th April – Home Learning Activities
Good Morning Year 2 – Here is today’s Learning at Home. Remember, to try your best! We believe in you! #BoundaryBelieves
Please read the attached PDF carefully which provides full details on all of today’s activities. A brief description has been provided below. Remember you all have the necessary log in details required. They are inside the front cover of your home learning books.
Morning Home Learning Activities
- Morning Maths – It’s ‘Arithmetic Monday’ Today we are going to focus and recap our learning about place value, looking at reasoning and problems solving questions. Watch this video (Click Here) to help you recap your knowledge.
Then complete the directed task called ‘Monday 20th April – Place Value Reasoning Task’ on Seesaw in your Maths Home Learning Book. Additionally, log into ‘My Maths’ (Click Here) the tasks assigned will focus on place value fluency skills.
- English Writing – This week we will be looking at creating a non-chronological report based on an animal of your choice. Each of the lessons this week will focus on building your knowledge and help you gather the information you need to complete your report to ensure it has all the required features.
Today’s lesson will focus on identifying key features that a non-chronological report has. Log into Seesaw and click on the assigned task ‘Reading into Writing 20th April’ Here you will find a WAGOLL and supportive information to help you complete the task.
- Guided Reading – Please login into Seesaw and click the activity called ‘Monday 20th April- Guided Reading’ then record your written task in your English Home Learning Book.
- Spelling Shed – Watch a video (Click Here) Then test your knowledge and log into Spelling Shed (Click Here) and complete the ‘ment and ness’ spelling assignment which has been set for you. Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding are looking forward to see who will be at the top of the Year 2 leader board.
- Chosen 1 afternoon activity – Choose your own activity from the list provided in your Home Learning pack. Don’t forget to take a picture of what you did and upload it on Seesaw for us to see.
Don’t forget to take pictures of your work when asked to and upload them to seesaw so Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding can see the fantastic work you’ve been up to. If you have any questions or queries, please email Miss Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mrs Fielding (email@example.com) who will be more than happy to help.