Friday 1st May Home Learning Activities
Good Morning Year 2 – Here is today’s Learning at Home. Remember, to try your best! We believe in you! #BoundaryBelieves
Please read the attached PDF carefully which provides full details on all of today’s activities. A brief description has been provided below. Remember you all have the necessary log in details required. They are inside the front cover of your home learning books.
Morning Home Learning Activities
- Morning Maths – For today’s learning please login to My Maths https://www.mymaths.co.uk/. You will find 1 activity to complete in the homework area when you login called, ‘Interpreting Data’. We will be able to see your answers and marks, please make sure you reply to every question and click submit at the end so it saves all your answers. You can attempt these tasks more than once, so if you want to try and improve your score you can.
- English Writing – Log into Seesaw click on the task ‘Friday 1st May Reading into Writing’. You are now going to write your own non-chronological report. Use your plan and information for your writing. Remember to use the success criteria from the first lesson. You have 2 days to complete this. We want this to be your best work. Try to make it neat and make sure you take pride in your work.
Remember a non-chronological report should include:
- Captions -introduction to tell us what your text is about
- Interesting facts box
I have uploaded some examples again for you to look at. Please take a picture and upload what you have done so far today and then tomorrow you can upload your final piece.
- Guided Reading – Please login into Seesaw and click the activity called ‘Friday 1st May – Guided Reading’ then record your written task in your home learning book.
- Handwriting – Watch a video (Click Here) explaining how to write using a cursive handwriting style. In your English Home Learning book, write today’s date Tuesday 28th April 2020. LO: Handwriting and GPS practise. Login into seesaw and complete the task ‘Friday 1st May – Handwriting and GPS practise. Don’t forget to join all your letters.
- Afternoon Weekly project – We are going to be providing you with a weekly project for you to complete by the end of the week. During this term in DT we were going to be looking at moving vehicles. Log into Seesaw and click on the activity called ‘Moving Vehicles’. Here you will find WAGOLLS and photos to help you complete your project.
Don’t forget to take pictures of your work when asked to and upload them to seesaw so Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding can see the fantastic work you’ve been up to. If you have any questions or queries, please email Miss Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mrs Fielding (email@example.com) who will be more than happy to help.