Early Years New Starters
Welcome to Boundary Primary School
Hello and welcome to the Reception and Early Years New Starter page – we are very happy to welcome you and your child and we are thrilled that you have chosen Boundary as your child’s learning family. Here you will find all the information you need to prepare your child for starting school
Meet the Reception Team
The Early Years Curriculum is made up of different areas of learning. For children to successfully learn they need to be able to: listen to and take into account what others are saying, have good communication skills, be able to get along with others, take turns and share resources, have good physical skills that support the development of writing and display a positive attitude to learning.
How can you help you child?
- Reading books together encouraging them to talk about and join in with familiar stories.
- Sing songs and Nursery rhymes
- Talk to your children about their experiences, thoughts and ideas. For example what have they been doing at Nursery or when visiting a family member or friends house.
- Provide a variety of pens and paper for your child to make marks with.
- Encourage your child to recognise and write their name.
- Sing counting rhymes and songs
- Look and recognise numbers around them – on buses, house numbers, number plates on cars, prices of food items in the shops.
- Talk about shapes around them and the size of objects and items.
- Count objects in the home and when out and about.
Please support your child’s independence by ensuring they can do most or all of these things
- Dress and undress themselves
- Go to the toilet by themselves, flush the toilet and wash their hands
- Blow their own nose
- Tidy up after themselves
- Ask for help if they need it
- Use a knife and fork
- Put on and fasten their coats
- Put their own shoes and socks on
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.